I feel more emboldened to share my faith but also have realized the need for authenticity. Jesus calls us to be salt and light to the world. I'd rather help plant seeds then force belief (which only leads to confusion). It was nice to be on a trip focused on Christ and still be able to accept our humanity. Everyone did not necessarily get along perfectly the whole trip, there were a few times when I was annoyed and annoying myself. But ultimately we respected and honored each other so that God could be glorified.
Another thing I desperately needed on this trip was a good dose of encouragement and inspiration. I cannot wait to be a doctor so that I can sit behind that table, diagnose and treat! I wish I knew more so I could do more. I'm not sure if God is calling me to mission work, short-term or full-time, but I hope this is only the beginning. I really hope we can recruit more UF students for next year's trip. We already have some interest!
Well the airplane food is being distributed--only a couple hours way from the US! Yipee! I can't wait to turn on my cell phone and call home!
Here are a few more fun pictures from our trip:


1 comment:
What a wonderful experience! I think you really got more out of it than the average person would've because you are searching for God's will and open to his voice. God can do amazing things through you!
Post a Comment