A long overdue photo from our night at the Sublime Cover Concert which was a lot of fun!
The last few weeks have gone by so quickly! I officially finished my pediatrics rotation on Friday. Tomorrow morning we have orientation for Internal Medicine; then Tuesday morning I'll drive to Jacksonville where I'll be living for the next four weeks. I'm going to work at Shands-Jax for the first half of this rotation. Downside: We work 6 days a week. Upside: I'll be back in the hospital (vs clinic) which I prefer Also, Jax is overall more relaxed than Gainesville.
Spent my free weekend relaxing with friends and playing trivia. I also went to see 500 days of summer. It's an awesome movie. It's a very realistic look at relationships. I'm still a cynic but who knows what the future holds....
I think a found a church home in Gainesville! I went with a friend to First Pres. downtown, and I really enjoy the teaching and fellowship. Everyone has gone out of their way to welcome me. I already feel at home. I think I'm going to join a small group when I finish in Jax. I have been struggling with finding fellow Christians who seem authentic and NOT legalistic, so this has been a refreshing change. I also have accepted that no church will be like Calvary in Waco.
In other random news, watched the funeral for Senator Kennedy yesterday. Amazing service. I was very moved. I may not agree with all his policies but what an influential man.
Ok. That's all i can think of for now. Paulo Coelho has a new book! I'll let you know what I think ASAP.

No comments:
Post a Comment