I know.....weird title but it's what I'm thinking about instead of biochem :) This weekend I played paintball for the first time!!!! My friend Miguel, Kelly's husband, invited me to play with them on Saturday. At first I thought I better watch (to learn of course) but Miguel convinced me to play. I even had camouflage to wear! Thank goodness my classmates thought it was a good idea to buy long-sleeved camouflage UF MED shirts. I never thought I would actually NEED that :) We went to a paintball place in Newberry, about 20 min away. It was only 30 bucks for the whole day, including equipment! If only you could see me with that face mask and gun, I'm sure it was SUPER intimidating :) I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for the first time. I'm not sure if I actually hit anyone but I did shoot a lot of paintballs. I was "good cover fire" according to the boys :) I did manage to crawl around Rambo style though so I was happy. The guys said they usually had no idea where I was :) As for the welts, I'm VERY proud! I only had a few "hits" (the paintball actually bursts), but unfortunately I had several deflections which actually hurt worse. I feel like I'm in water polo again, the more bruises you have, the cooler you are! I can't wait to go back!
Kristen and I made a very wise investment this weekend.........Grey's Anatomy Season One!!!!!! I love this show! I'm so hooked, especially on the first two seasons! It's encouraging to watch all the interns suffer through the first year. In a lot of ways, it's similar to starting med school and having NO CLUE what you're doing. AND since I'm seriously contemplating surgery as my specialty, it's inspiring too. Someday that could be me!!!! Here's my favorite quote for the day:
"I can't think of a single reason why I should be a surgeon, but I can think of a thousand reasons why I should quit. They make it hard on purpose... there are lives in our hands. There comes a moment when it's more than just a game, and you either take that step forward or turn around and walk away. I could quit but here's the thing, I love the playing field." Meredith
7.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I didn't know you run a meatless lifestyle. have you always done that?
:) about 3 years! my mom is a vegan (for health reasons) so I gave up meat to be supportive. Now I don't miss it! It's actually kind of fun!
Post a Comment