14.4.08

All thanks to No Doubt

Today I felt pissy. I was cranky and literally wanted to throw a temper-tantrum in the middle of the street. I came pretty close to screaming in biochemistry today. Whoever decided it would be a good idea to memorize every apoprotein involved in lipoprotein transport of lipids is INSANE. I hate every term I just listed. I do not need to know these endless facts to serve my patients. WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!??! Not to mention the busy work UF has decided to pile upon us this semester. Example: We each have to present one slide on a disease related to pulmonary physiology-that's 128 slides. Yes, you read that right. And my group of 8 was very demanding and bossy today. I wasn't in the mood. It's not a big deal; take your sentence and make a slide. On days like today I want to throw in the towel. But luckily I wasn't that rash.

Tonight we went out to eat for Melissa's birthday. After a delicious Mexican meal, Kristen, Melissa, Jcole, and I piled back into my mustang. While we were driving No Doubt came on the radio. We actually squealed with delight and threw inhibition to the wind. We sang at the top of our lungs.........."Don't speak! I know just what you're saying, So please stop explaining, Don't tell me cause it hurts!" It felt so good to just sing, to be in the moment, to forget everything. And now that I'm back in my room preparing to study, I actually feel better. The mountain doesn't seem quite as daunting. I won't let the system drain me. Deep down is still a girl who loves to sing at the top of her lungs. Thanks No Doubt, you rock.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Katherine! Wow! I just read pretty much everything on your blog:) Nicaragua-sounds like it was a good time! Oh the evangecube-I just got one in a white elephant exchange(they thought it was a joke, but I've always wanted one!:) I got your letter-THANK YOU KATHERINE SCHNELL!!! Almost all the money is in at this point. My grandmother walked around Bridgeport and raised 1800 of it for me-can you believe that woman? Please do pray! It really makes ALL the difference! Thank you so much for always caring for me-so rare to find someone so loyal as you!

This Is The Day said...

I'm so glad you have such good girlfriends that you can just let go and de-stress with! I wish I were there to sing at the top of my lungs with you!! Love you!!

Karen said...

How neat that God sent you good friends and a song on the radio just when you needed it! Even neater that you recognize it :)