I was reminded today how much the little things matter. As most of you know, it's been a really hard week for multiple reasons, most of them personal. But on top of that, we had exams yesterday in biochem and endocrine physiology (EEK!) On one hand that was a blessing, I couldn't drink my sorrows away; I had to be FOCUSED. On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend having a personal crisis a few days before the test. BUT......now that's behind me, well at least the test. And surprisingly today was a GOOD day. It was unexpected but welcomed with open arms. Some of the things I'm grateful for:
1. sleeping in an extra hour!
2. a hard morning workout to get my heart pumping
3. McAlister's salad for lunch!
4. 3 hours tanning by the pool with Sonja!
5. lo-cal Bubble Tea
6. "Friends" episode with my roommates during dinner!
7. ordering sexy bathing suits from Victoria's Secret with my friends
8. a surprise kiss on the cheek from a dear friend
9. and last but certainly not least-a few moments doing my Beth Moore hw
I'll be looking for those sunny moments again tomorrow. Besides as Phoebe says, "it's all for the best!"
I'll try not to reply like her brother....."if by the best you mean INDESCRIBABLE PAIN!"
1.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My wonderful and amazing friend, I just read through all of your journal entries from Nicaragua and your entry above. I loved chatting on the phone with you today too. Thanks so much for everything. I miss you and I'll be praying for you!
I can't even pronounce most of your classes so I know they must be hard :)
Wish I was there to tan and have a McAlister's salad with you but I'm way past the cute bathing suits. I'd scare somebody. I hear you on the extra hour sleep though! Sorry you had a hard week. I will pray for you. The more you step up for God, the more Satan aims his arrows at you but we have the armor and we know how the story ends! We win! Keep up the good work. I love you and will pray for you!
Post a Comment