Another busy week at the Children's Hospital! From what I can tell, we're busier than usual for July. Luckily, my team is great under pressure. Everyone stays patient and friendly despite the work load and lack of sleep. I was exhausted this week but drank a few extra coke zeroes and pressed on. Mom was thrilled to know I stopped dropping weight (5 pounds in the first two weeks unintentionally) and I attribute that to my now daily brownie intake :) I'm anxious to get back to Gainesville and my usual schedule. I miss sushi, working out, and my FRIENDS. I came back this weekend for a day of rest. It's been so nice to sleep in my own bed. Tomorrow I'm on call back in Jax so I'll leave early tomorrow morning.
My biggest struggle this week was anxiety over my patients. The simple truth is that I am not in control. I've never been good with that in any situation. So I'm learning what it means to leave it alone. Unfortunately, the control freak in me is fighting back. I need to trust that when I leave at the end of the day I'm leaving my patients in good hands and even more important, in God's hands. Please pray for me as I tease that out in the next several months.
This will be my last week at the Children's Hospital. I have several assignments due but it should be a fun week regardless. I think my team is going out for dinner or drinks at some point. I'll miss working with them. Hope you all have a lovely week! I can't believe August is upon us already!
25.7.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment