Now it's time for you to meet OCHO the baby Octopus. He was a sweet octopus...always listened to his mother....took out the trash. But his time had come.
Today Laura and I went to Lake Wauberg. I can't believe I've never been before! Laura is kayaking with her mom tomorrow so we went to practice. I distinctly remember rolling my eyes at the lifeguard when she told us to stay in the kayak.....of COURSE that would not be an issue.........
Midway in the lake Laura tells me there are alligators in the lake. ALLIGATORS. WHAT?!?!?!? Oh well, we're safe in the middle of the lake, nice and dry in our kayak....Five minutes later, we're in the water and wondering how that happened. MINI PANIC ATTACK....THE KAYAK WON'T FLIP OVER.......I'M GOING TO LOSE A LIMB.......ok we're back in the kayak. Safe.....whew. Five minutes later.......this water is cold. Why am I back in the water??????? Once, twice....FIVE times we tipped our kayak. Once my heart slowed down and I realized it wasn't actually my time to die (unlike poor Ocho) I could not stop laughing! What a fun adventure!!! It felt so good to relax and be outside in the sun! Thank you Laura!!!!!



3 comments:
Just when I think you are doing so well, I have to see this disturbing news about consuming baby octopus!! AYYYY What have they done to you since you left Texas? Hahahaha, I'll have to come straighten you out girl! We need a girls weekend of veggie pizza and movies :)
This post made me laugh. And I am not so fond of sushi though and I thought you were a vegetarian? :)
Absolutely Karen! If I had a private jet I would fly you out this instant!!! And Liv, I must admit I do cheat when it comes to sushi! guilty pleasure :)
Post a Comment